- Founded in 2002, the Cynthia P Caster Foundation is a legally sanctioned not-for-profit institution whose mission is to give money away to "cutting-edge" musicians and artists in financial need. The Foundation raises its money through donations and through the selling of limited edition art objects created by one of the most remarkable outsider artists currently alive.
- Cynthia Plaster Caster began making plaster casts of rock stars' erect penises in 1968. Begun originally as a goof, and as a way to meet the idols of her affection, the project has consumed the last 35 years of her life. Rock stars, their roadies, their managers as well as other peripheral players central to the rock scene have been cast in varying degrees of glory and arousal. In an ironic twist of fate, Cynthias fame now eclipses some of the names she once stooped to immortalize in plaster. As if erect penises were not enough, in 2000 she began casting breasts as well.
A few words from Cynthia
- We are a Not-for-Profit Institution whose main is goal is to offer financial assistance to musicians and artists. The casting project was never intended to be a money making venture for Cynthia. It is with this spirit of charity and artistic philanthropy that the Foundation was created. Donations to the Foundation are Tax Deductible to the full extent allowable by law. Any amount of money can be DONATED to the foundation and DEDUCTED from federal income tax as a charitable contribution. Donations, with or without a purchase, are the cornerstone to the success of the Foundation. It is for this reason that the Foundation has suggested a recommended donation amount along with the actual purchase price of each item. Though not actually required for the purchase, this suggested donation would be TAX-DEDUCTIBLE and greately appreciated by the Foundation as well as by those musicians and artists the Foundation seeks to aid. Anyone who donates will be thanked personally by Cynthia. Donations to the Foundation can be sent via check (payable to THE CYNTHIA P CASTER FOUNDATION ) to the address below.
- The Foundation splits its income with its castees. All money earned from the sales of the editioned plaster casts is split two ways: 75% goes to the Foundation for grants, funding and operating, while the other 25% goes to the rock star whose likeness has been cast. In her own unique spirit of genuine charity, Cynthia feels as though this is the only fair way that money earned from this life-long endeavor can be passed on in good conscience.
- Artists, Musicians or
Filmmakers Seeking Funding should send a letter of
introduction, along with any other relavant literature, CDs or tapes
to the address below. The letter should request a specific amount of
money needed and MUST NOTE for what purpose this money will be used.
Grants will be awarded by the Foundations Board as well as by
Cynthia herself based on merit, need and availability of funds. Please
note that submissions can not be returned.
The Cynthia P Caster Foundation is not currently accepting grant submissions. Please check back with us in the future.